Saturday, May 3, 2014

Never give up on your daily moments of faith!


“Never give up on something that you can’t go a day without thinking about.” – Unknown

Week #....I’m not sure…I’ve taken too many off!  Enough already, get back on track!  49 Weeks ‘til I’m 50 – Ready, Set, it’s all about A FOCUSed plan to get there!

Every morning for the last 6 + weeks, sitting down at my desk with my cup of coffee, I’ve had this nagging feeling I should be doing something more, something different, something better.  The extremely long winter, the same old routine day in day out was definitely taking a toll on me.  A rut…yep!  On top of that I had lots of time consuming things added to my plate.  The most nagging daily thought was subtle.  For some reason I had even lost the desire to blog, I just couldn’t come up with anything! 

Even with my “normal” ability to randomly find something to write about, I’ve simply been stuck.  Each day, or week that went by another nagging feeling kept plaguing me!  “You’re integrity is on the line with yourself…you’re not holding up your end of the deal."  It’s like that project you simply can’t find time to do.  Your brain keeps it in the unresolved zone.  It is a constant reminder of letting yourself down.  Oh boy, not a good thing.  

Time to figure why and a way out of this rut!!  When did it start?  Was it really the weather?  I think at least for the blog part of the rut, I hit the wall trying to think of something unique about Faith. 

Faith was the topic listed next on my “schedule” in my 49 weeks until I’m 50.   I kept thinking to myself, “there’s so much already written about Faith, but yet it is such a part of everyday life, who am I to write about it?” Maybe just writing about it in a different way will get me over the nagging feeling that I let myself down by not carrying out the blog plan as I had intended.  Had I lost faith in myself as much as I had lost faith in the weather forecasts?  Had I lost faith in others who had agreed to uphold their end of deals?  Had I lost faith that I could keep on track with my fitness routine even though we chose a different plan?  Had I lost faith in my ability to take photos…? 

Say a little prayer...enough already!  I grabbed my cup, filled it with a fresh cup of coffee!  As I walked past the kitchen window, I glanced out and saw the sunrise.  The clouds were cool, random, and I reminded myself early morning is a great time to take pictures.  I looked at the thermometer, yay, 40 degrees, not too incredibly windy…grab the camera and let’s shake this off, have faith, time to get back on track!   

I wandered around the yard to find the telltale signs that remind me every year that Spring always comes! Faith in knowing that the snow always goes away.  The grass always turns green...nice reminders that new beginnings are always a great way to start growing again.  The flowers are starting to peak through the dirt and the leaves...the birds are singing...the sun is shining!  Life is good.  It is okay to take baby steps to get back on track. 


Thanks for stopping by!  “When you can’t stop thinking about something, don’t give up, have faith!” 
Copper and I will be back again real soon – now where are those running shoes, time for some more fresh air and a nice long run!

The cool random clouds in the sunrise

Hostas starting to find their way...

Day lilies...

The sunshine!

I forget what these are called, but they take
all summer to grow and bloom and they
come up every spring!  

The bleeding heart plant I thought was a goner...

Yay!  Even it made it through the winter!

Rule of Thirds...leading lines...keep
working on that composition!
Copper is one happy dog now that
we can get back on track with our
adventures outside!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment