Saturday, June 28, 2014

A commitment to imagination

The only limit to your impact is your imagination and commitment. – Tony Robbins


Week #28 - 49 Weeks ‘til I’m 50 – Ready, Set, it’s all about A FOCUSed plan to get there! 

Four weeks flew by again! Here I am again committing some time to blog.  Rather, I’m making time to evaluate where I’m at in my FOCUSed plan.  There’s no doubt in my mind I have commitment to follow-through with the plan.  I don’t know if it is the pace of life or the lack of imagination to write about something that blocks me more some days.  Probably both!  

Let’s just go with imagination today.  I have to remind myself I don’t necessarily have to know what I’m going to write about, sometimes I just have to start and see what happens.  I think that’s why I love discovering photography so much.  I’m feeling brave about trying different manual settings on the camera.  I can now commit myself to trying more imaginative ways to hold the camera and see what the impact is from the different angles.  Sometimes just playing with the camera gets my imagination going. 

That’s what it is like as I approach 50.  Looking at it from a commitment to use imaginative ways to embrace the change is one way to keep focused on the positives.  Last time I wrote about my vision test.  I’ve since picked up my new glasses.  I’m happy to report that the choice to jump full steam ahead into lined bifocals was a positive choice.  I would definitely recommend them for anyone who has issues with the progressive lenses.  

On the flip side, what I didn’t expect but have found out quickly is, the lined bifocals are extremely frustrating for arm’s length vision.  Everyday activities like washing and putting away dishes, picking out clothing, shopping in the store, etc. take on a whole different level of blur.   The new blur factor brings about a new meaning to personal space.  If anyone is within arm’s length, they are blurry.  Lucky for me, my husband also has lined bifocals – we don’t mind seeing each other in the blur zone.  Being able to clearly see the computer screen is practically impossible.  I can’t get close enough with the bifocal or if I back up far enough, I can’t see the small print.  

Thankfully, there’s a solution though for those of us who work with computers – occupational lenses.  Perhaps I would have been better off with the trifocals after all?  One step at a time, I’m committed to making this combination work.  I absolutely love having my peripheral vision in the lined bifocals.  I can learn to tolerate the blur zones. 

After all these years, discovering ways to stay committed to accepting changes as they come makes life much easier to deal with.  There’s often something just beyond what we can see that becomes clearer.  Sometimes it brings about the opportunity to be more imaginative.  Just let yourself go with the flow and see what happens.  Occasionally, the blurs in life aren’t that bad after all.  What have you committed to that’s helped you find an imaginative way to make it work? 

Thanks for stopping by – enjoy your commitments, enjoy your imagination, the combination of the two might just surprise you! 

PS – photography moments for the day.  When I was blocked for writing, I just grabbed the camera and asked Copper to join me and we went out for some early morning shots.  I’ve typically tried to not take pictures into the sunlight, today, I purposely did so…a different perspective, a few new discoveries.  I remain amazed at what the camera lenses focus on and blur at the same time. 

The dew on the grass is pretty in the sunlight

What about ground level?

Closer to the ground

Focus on a couple blades

Tipped the camera some

Focused on the middle

Copper joined the fun

Sun went under a cloud

Copper is in focus

Wonder what he saw?

Copper is blurry, close grass is in focus.

Time for another adventure.  Every one of the above
pictures were taken at arm's length and I wasn't
even looking in the viewfinder.  How's that
for imagination?

No comments:

Post a Comment