Sunday, July 21, 2013

A sense of accomplishment

“Look at a day when you are supremely satisfied at the end.  It’s not a day when you lounge around doing nothing; it’s a day you’ve had everything to do and you’ve done it.” – Margaret Thatcher
Yesterday I talked about priorities.  I made a choice to concentrate on the priorities I had been putting off for far too long.  I do enjoy the sense of satisfaction when I accomplish what I set out to do.  How about you?  Do you feel satisfied when you get stuff done?  Maybe it is preparing and running your first ever 2 mile, 5K, 10K, 1/2 marathon, etc. or simply working through your to-do list and crossing off items.

Once you set your mind to do something you have to work at it to make it happen.  You can't just sit idle and wait for things to happen.  I didn't run a marathon yesterday or today for that matter.   But...I did accomplish something close to the ground, after a short 4 mile run!  Mission #1 accomplished - ah...now that I've weeded through some things, I can definitely see my priorities better.  I think I'm on to something.  Time to head out and get on with more!

Happy Sunday - Thanks for stopping by!  Enjoy your accomplishments of the day!!


No more weeds!!

Now the flowers can take off and grow!

Now I've got to put some controls into
place - time to find the Preen!

It's so nice to see things clearly now!

Soon, this flower will bloom where it has landed!

No comments:

Post a Comment