Sunday, July 7, 2013

Discovering serendipity

There will always be serendipity involved in discovery. – Jeff Bezos
 I'm feeling a little awkward about finally getting around to posting.  I don't think randomness means just dropping off the face of the blog world for a long period of time, but that is what happened.  When life just gets so busy, it is hard to take the time to discover simple moments to enjoy.  Sometimes you just have to force yourself to take time.

Yesterday, as I was debating whether it was really too hot outside to sit and enjoy some sunshine or if I would rather sit in the air conditioning to relax, my camera caught my eye as I walked by.  I stopped briefly and turned around and stared at it for a moment.  I thought to myself, this silly camera brings me joy when I take random pictures just to see what they turn out like.  Thinking back to a time, not too long ago, I was getting better at taking pictures.  My framing and composition was getting a bit better.  Then I just ran out of time, and I had set it aside as it had become more of a forced thing than fun.  At that time, I had really exhausted the objects in our yard to take pictures of so why bother.   Nah... I just needed to remind myself that it's just the process of discovery that I enjoy.  I talked myself into picking it up and venturing out into the sunshine to discover a few serendipity moments.

Nothing spectacular, just a process of discovering different angles, and different techniques.  Simple serendipity.  Thanks for being patient with my lack of posts...thanks for stopping by!  Enjoy your moments of serendipity!!

Framed to the right

Framed to the left

Close up

Further away - just relaxing!

Better lighting...different angle

Too harsh of lighting

Darn, he turned - so serious isn't he??

Always on the look out for something to chase

What's that new scent??

Still there...

Wrong setting!

Huh...this setting is a bit better...love all the crazy clouds

Copper...my little partner in crime.
I even caught his cute little tongue in this close-up!



No comments:

Post a Comment