Saturday, October 19, 2013

Thanks be to taste

Give us this day our daily taste.  Restore to us soups that spoons will not sink in and sauces which are never the same twice.  Raise up among us stews with more gravy than we have bread to blot it with.  Give us pasta with a hundred fillings – Robert Farrar Capon
 Hi - welcome back to my adventure in learning about intent in photography.  This week's mission was to capture "taste."  Taste was more fun to capture than the previous senses.  Taking pictures is always enjoyable to me, on top of that I was able to enjoy the taste in them too.  I guess I could say that I can cook, been doing so most of my life.  I really enjoy baking more, but have put that hobby aside to discover photography instead!  There are less calories in pictures!

Never fear...I don't go hungry!  I'm really lucky...my husband is a great cook/chef.  He doesn't admit it nor want to claim it as his destiny, but he can follow a recipe and everything turns out full of taste!  He's a master at grilling too.

So...I had plenty of opportunities this week to capture some tasty objects.  We always give thanks that our bowls/plates are full and we aren't going hungry.  Sometimes we eat a lot at a big meal, other times just a snack here and there during the football game.  Lots of meals to be thankful for that's for sure!  The quote above reminded me of a sign that hung in our kitchen as I was growing up.  Always be thankful for everything.  That I am!!

Thank you for stopping by!  Enjoy the tasteful moments in your life.  Next week's sense to capture - sight...

This week's photo attempts ~

Ready, set, snacks for
the Packer game - (Leinie's Hoppin Helles!)

Cheese, crackers and apples

OCD moment...gotta make the cheese last through
every bite...

Marinated pork and mango kabobs, yummmm....

These are so good, you can't eat just one bite!

The sauce adds to the flavor - always enjoyable

Forks just can't scoop up all the sauce...

Minestrone soup - (Olive Garden Copycat recipe)

Yep - delicious as always! (Two bowls full to be exact!)

Thank you for everything!

Thank you for the tastes of the week!

Time to get dancing and burn off some calories...
or a run will do!  Now where are those running shoes???

No comments:

Post a Comment