Monday, October 28, 2013

Just being

I never lose sight of the fact that just being is fun. – Katharine Hepburn
This past week's lesson was to capture "sight".  It is pretty evident that every picture taken is capturing something the photographer sees.  Sight is inherent in photography.  In fact, that IS my favorite part of photography.  Especially being an amateur photographer.   Just looking around you there is always something to see and something to capture in a picture.  The quote above fits for my quest of "sight".

I love to just sit back people watch or watch the scenery.  It's double the fun when you can do both at the same time.  What better place than a busy city to accomplish both things.  We ventured to see our daughter in Chicago and saw so many things that I could have filled up my SD card.  I didn't though, I just wanted to watch our kids reconnect and simply just "be" a family for a couple of days.  That's what we've all been missing the most, just being together, talking and sharing time.

I think sight was my favorite sense to capture.  Now I'll move on to learning about basics of exposure in photography.  The more "technical" stuff!

Thanks for stopping by - Enjoy your moments of "just being".  See you soon!

Now...just a bunch of what I saw while just being with our family!

I was taking a picture of my husband
and oldest daughter, and this nice
guy walked up to photo bomb.  We just
invited him instead!

A latte - Wormhole style

Look up - what's that face
peering out of the building?

The Wormhole - with the city
street reflecting on it.

Me!

The view my daughter sees every morning!

View to the right - before
Chicago really wakes up.

View to the left, another
photography session going on!

I could have sworn those Christmas decorations
were not there the day before!   Do they decorate
at night for Macy's?

Still warm enough to transport via bike.

Best breakfast - veggie style - State and Lake 

The reason for the trip - hugs and just being
with her!

The grass along the road on the way home -
I just couldn't get a better picture than this!

Just being...that's all you can do when you're
the passenger...gives you lots of time to
remember all the fun you've had!  


No comments:

Post a Comment