Sunday, December 22, 2013

49 Weeks ‘til I’m 50 – Ready, Set, it’s all about A FOCUSed plan to get there!

“Along with a strong belief in your own inner voice, you also need laser-like focus combined with unwavering determination.” – Larry Flynt
Week 1 - A few weeks ago, I was thinking that I was simply just getting old.  Feeling tired, worn out, and a little sorry for myself, I started to act as I was getting old too.  Turning 49 is not the precursor to doom and gloom.  It is an exciting time in life.  There’s this myth that once you hit 50 you are over the hill.  Where the heck did that come from?  How daunting for the person just turning 49?  If you approach it as the end of your youthful life, then your life takes on a sad and depressing overtone.  It simply sucks the life right out of you.  I don’t want to do that!  In order to change my thinking, I became determined to find a way to keep positive about this approaching change in life.  I need to focus on the positives.

Another myth is if you have a plan you can succeed at anything.  Those who fail to plan, plan to fail.  There’s enough documentation in books I’ve read or heard about to substantiate it as true.  There are plenty of people who do plan and who do succeed.  I know it has worked for me to have a plan.  I certainly don’t want to fail at being 49 or 50 or whatever age.  I’ve got a plan to make sure this year, well at least the next 49 weeks before I turn 50, is full of learning, growing and looking forward to the future.  As the infamous “they” say, “You’re never too old to learn something new.”  

What inspired me to commit to a long plan like this, other than pure determination not to get down about being 49?

1st - My own self determination to keep blogging for fun along with a couple books I read last year.  I’ll share my thoughts about them as the blog evolves over the next 49 weeks.

 2nd - My family, they encourage me in my desires to keep growing and experimenting with photography.   This will help me continue learning more as it will change up the subjects/objects I need to find pictures of.   I’ve devised my own simple formula that I can practice with:  I’ll be capturing all the moments using the ABCDEFG of Photography:
  1. Aperture
  2. Balance
  3. Composition - Color
  4. Depth
  5. Environment
  6. Faces
  7. Gleam

PS…yes, this still fits my Randomness – Duh, my whole blog is about randomness!  This is yet another example of where I have a new interest!  Taking a look at life being 49, exploring it with random moments of fun…preparing me for the next ½ century of my life.  

I hope you you’ll join me – feel free to stop by every week, once a month to read a recap, or come in at the end and see if I survived the plan.  Next week – “A” Future explained.

Thanks for stopping by ~ Hope you enjoy the moments of FOCUS in your life.  Let the focus begin...

Sometimes current feelings are very
blurry...looking past them you can see
rays of focus to keep you moving forward.

Take a look at the big picture.

Start focusing on where you are at.  

See the real pieces in life that you treasure.

Add a little color to the white spaces in life.

And see what you can create when
you focus on the outcomes!




No comments:

Post a Comment