Sunday, December 29, 2013

Change is an investment in the future

“Take time to gather up the past so that you will be able to draw from your experience and invest them in the future.”  – Jim Rohn
 Welcome to Week 2 – Looking forward to “A” Future

As we start week two, it is a nice coincidence that we are in the last week of the year.  The last few days of a year seem to be a common time for people to plan for the next year. 

As a person looking forward to the future, i.e., a future being 50, I do have a grand plan.  But first, I can’t help but reflect and gather up some of the key experiences of the past year.  I invested a lot in change.  Being willing to change and grow is what made the year worth living. 

This time last year, I was, along with 200 + other people, beginning the year unemployed.  After a little over a decade with the company, it was closing its doors.  We were all walking out the door, never to return.   It was expected, we all knew that the company was closing.  Prior knowledge provided me with the opportunity to plan.  I had a new job waiting.  I had to change and grow and move on with life.

I started a new job a month later.  Starting out learning everything new, I drew from my past experiences to make the potential with the new job last.  Looking back now, I learned change and growth go hand in hand. Fighting change makes the future hard to look forward to.  Accept it, grow with it, change with it and build something new and more exciting.  

Last week’s message was to find FOCUS.  What did you do this past week that helped you grow in your FOCUS?  Did you find something to FOCUS on with me?  Are you too going to turn 50 sometime soon?  If not, we can still hang out together and discover something new. 

What did I do this week to help me grow in my FOCUS?  I purchased an online photography class from: http://froknowsphoto.com/.   I’m inspired to take it to the next level in my photography.  I would definitely recommend checking out his website and lessons.  I’ve been experimenting all week with “shooting in the RAW”.  There’s a whole new world of photography beyond the preprogrammed settings on the camera.  Talk about stretching the comfort zone.  I know this will definitely help with my exploration of the future. 

Thanks for stopping by…the next seven weeks we’re going to explore “A” Future being 50 – hope to see you next week where we will discover the first “A” in the future.  


Experimenting with different composition.

Taking picture of the tree in daylight - blowing out
the background.

Reverting to the auto setting.
I couldn't figure out what went wrong,
I had forgotten it was set on
a timer from the night before...

Experimenting with ISO and the M - yes,
Manual setting...I'm so excited to try
new ways to set the camera.

I even ventured outside.  Here's another
"blow out the background".

Try framing things -
this is very poor composition.
I really liked how the tree looked though...

Stepped out of the shade.
Oops - wrong amount of
light coming in!

Better...even a splash of color.

Sometimes you have to take a different
path to discover something new. 






No comments:

Post a Comment