Saturday, December 7, 2013

Launching into focus

An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward.  So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it’s going to launch you into something great.  So just focus, and keep aiming! – Unknown
I have to admit the assignment of discovering diagonal lines in pictures has been the toughest one so far for me.  Either I just don't get it or I have too many non-diagonal opportunities for pictures in my immediate environment.  Maybe it is that I don't see them or think that way for capturing pictures. I've been struggling to get through this lesson.

The goal is to create a leading line into the subject of your photo.  The line either leading into or out of the picture from the subject.  I just kept focusing on seeing a clear line in the photo versus having the line lead into the subject.  Maybe that was my problem?

So today, I just grabbed my camera and decided "enough is enough, just find a diagonal line and get this lesson done."  I needed to move on and launch into the next lessons.  Just sitting thinking about how I haven't gotten this one done has been really dragging me back.  Just realizing how much it was really pulling me back helped get me motivated.

I focused, kept aiming and mission accomplished.  Well, I hope mission accomplished...

Thanks for stopping by, enjoy launching yourself in new directions!  Next week's lesson S Curves (I'm guessing I'll need to remind myself of this lesson in order to get through it quickly!)


First attempt - trying to use the railings to lead
into the "subject"

I tried through the railings, they then became
the focus, so this is wrong...

Does the table create a "diagonal line?"

I think this might be the best one
of the day...

See how the line goes across the picture,
does it lead to the bear, or away from it,
or neither because he's in the center?

Dessy jumped into the picture, but she's a
blurrrrr.....

Leading my way to next
week's lesson - S Curves


No comments:

Post a Comment