Saturday, September 14, 2013

A pepper mission


When you discover your mission, you will feel its demand.  It will fill you with enthusiasm and a burning desire to get to work on it. – W Clement Stone
With a quote like that, one might think that I'm going to discuss how I've finally discovered my mission in life, and that I know exactly what it is I'm to do at this moment in time?   Nope...not yet.  I have discovered that I'm curious why our cat has taken on the mission to steal our peppers.  She definitely has made it her burning desire (aka hot pepper) and mission to carry them off the counter to play with.  There's no stopping her when she has it in her mouth.  She is so focused.  It's like there's no one else in the room.  So much for an addition to our dining experience.  We have resigned ourselves to them simply being toys for our cat to occupy her time with.

My next mission will be to discover why the one pepper that she has chosen as her favorite, never ripened like the other three?  Over the week long playtime, she has carried off all four of them and batted them around, but three changed colors and her favorite one remains green.  Why is that?  I'm not sure that this is a common enough situation to research on Google or not?

Ah, the simple life of a cat!  Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the moments in life when you're able to focus on your mission!

The quiet approach...taking a little sip of water first.

Ah....a careful choosing of the green one.

Oops, it dropped...or maybe it was hot tasting?

Mission forward, now to get off the counter.

Watch out for the dishes (oh my...why is it
that I took pictures with a messy counter anyhow?)

Rounding the corner.

Look at that FOCUS!

Back tracking...

Nope, this is the way to go (I wonder if she was
drooling??)

Ready, set, launch!  Mission accomplished!


No comments:

Post a Comment