Thursday, April 18, 2013

A cat's self interest wins

There is an ongoing battle between conscience and self-interest in which, at some point, we have to take sides. – Robert Brault
This morning, as I walked into the kitchen to get a cup of coffee, I found the evidence of "self-interest" winning over.  We recently purchased a new bag of dog food.  Our cat Dessy apparently likes it.  Last night after our dog at dinner, she honed in on the bowl and began chowing down on the food.  So I carefully moved it to safer ground before bed-time.  Apparently, I was unsuccessful in safer zone placement.  I wonder how long it took her conscience to lose the battle?  She "knows" better...or so I thought.  The crime scene was void of the offender.  Probably napping after the big snack.

Good thing humans are better at picking sides than pets!

Happy Thursday - thanks for stopping by.  How about you, when temptation appears, does your conscience win or your self-interest?



No comments:

Post a Comment