Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Nothing more satisfying than stretching your comfort zone

When you go out of your comfort zone and it works there’s nothing more satisfying. – Kristen Wiig
Whenever I wonder if I can go on stretching my comfort zone, I like to look back at another time in my life where I thought I couldn't do it, but did.  I especially like to look at times where I remember growing as a result of it.  Doing so, doesn't necessarily take away the fatigue felt during the stretching of your comfort zone, but it does provide some reassurance that you can grow.

Last year at this time, I was assigned the task of closing a department and merging with another one.  The bulk of my teammates had already exited to the new department and I was charged with emptying the room. While I love a challenge, that one was different because it was an ending of something I truly enjoyed being part of.  I wasn't sure I wanted the new beginning, it was something I didn't know if I would enjoy, it was out of my comfort zone.

I did make it through and now when I look at the pictures, I am grateful that it helped me grow, learn new things and appreciate a new opportunity.  As I get older, the jumping into new challenges takes a bit longer.  Maybe it is the been-there-done-that thinking that is an obstacle?  Maybe it is just pure energy?  Who knows?  I guess I'll have to be a bit more diligent in reminding myself I can stretch out of my comfort zone and it is very satisfying!  How about you?  What do you do when your comfort zone is stretched?

Happy Tuesday - Thanks for stopping by!  Enjoy your comfort zone stretching moments!

One look back at my office - many happy moments here!

I made the final walk out the door!

I said goodbye to the old, and headed out to
stretch and grow with the new.  It can happen if you let it!
Happy Stretching!

No comments:

Post a Comment