Thursday, October 1, 2015

Finding interest in the ordinary

To me, photography is an art of observation.  It’s about finding something interesting in an ordinary place…I’ve found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them.  – Elliott Erwitt
I like that quote.  Since I’ve gotten more used to my camera, I’ve become brave with trying to do just that…find something interesting in an ordinary place.  I find the challenge fun.  

My cats think everything ordinary is an adventure for them.  They love watching birds from their viewpoint, no matter where they may be sitting.  Every bird that flies or hops by becomes something interesting to them. 

Yesterday, one of our cats was sitting patiently by the door, waiting for a bird to watch.  I liked how the afternoon sunlight was shining in on her.  It made her look interesting as she was being interested in the bird watching of the great outdoors.  So I grabbed my camera.  I was fortunate enough to not disturb her.  She stayed there for a few shots before she moved on to something else. 

The perfectionist in me is a little embarrassed to see the amount of kitty nose prints on the window, but I find it adds to the interest of the picture.  It shows how many times the cats have been there sitting and waiting for something interesting to happen.  I wonder if the cats think the nose prints add to their view.    

Time for me to go clean that window so the cats can see the birds better today! 

Thanks for stopping by!  Hope you find the opportunity to find something interesting in the ordinary!


No comments:

Post a Comment