Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Nature's lessons

Adapt or perish, now as ever, is nature’s inexorable imperative.  – H.G. Wells
Last night as I was waiting patiently for my dog to do his business and return to the door, I looked out on the field of soybeans.  I’ve enjoyed watching them grow and change this season.  It’s a bumper crop this year.  They grew above waist high.

I missed taking a picture of them when they were green and flourishing, and when they turned a beautiful golden yellow.  Now they are a soft brown, almost ready for harvesting.  I can see the rows again.  With the sun setting, I thought it was a neat view from where I stood.  So I grabbed my camera.

After I took the picture, I realized it wasn’t as “neat” a view as I thought it would be captured on the camera.  When I zoomed in and cropped the picture, I saw I had captured a weed that persevered through the season.  It is now is growing higher than the soybeans.   Despite all the fertilizing and nurturing the farmer did to make sure the crop was weed free, some weeds adapted and grew.  

Ah…the lessons of nature never cease to amaze me.  Thanks for stopping by!  Enjoy your moments of adapting and growing.   





No comments:

Post a Comment