Sunday, March 3, 2013

On sunlight

Sunlight is painting. – Nathaniel Hawthorne
I love simple statements that encompass things I see as real, but can't easily explain.  Sunlight is painting.  Just think about how many times in life you witness that statement.  There's the sunrise, the sunset, the sun casting shadows.  There's light so bright you need sunglasses.  There's the light that draws a pet into it.  There's light refracted through crystal.  I love how the light reflected reveals rainbows of colors.  Each facet creates a different shaped rainbow.  Every different beam creates a different painting in your mind.  That's pretty darn cool, don't you think?   There's something uplifting about the sunshine I can't explain, but it's there and presents us with opportunities to see things differently.

Happy Sunday!  Thanks for stopping by.  Enjoy the moments of sunlight in your day!

I'm not a painter, but if I was, here's a few of the things I'd paint showing beams of light.

Sun shining through the fence.

Rainbow on the ceiling

Rainbow on the wall

Rainbow on the railing

A smaller rainbow on the ceiling

Copper soaking up the sun

A larger rainbow on the wall.

Ah...there's nothing like soaking up the whole
sunbeam and taking a nap!



No comments:

Post a Comment