Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Something new in something unpleasant

If we do not find anything pleasant, at least we shall find something new. - Voltaire
Yesterday marked another day of snow.  It was a common theme to hear "I'm so sick of the snow", "I'm ready for Spring", "Ugh...not more snow."   Now, I'm starting to get more concerned about having all this snow and the weather turning warm too quickly.  Melting too quickly isn't a good thing.  All unpleasant thoughts, so how do I get back into a better way of looking at this part of "spring"?  Look for something new in it, that's how!

As I looked at the fresh, heavy, wet snow, I tried to see something different in it.  It is really very pretty to see the trees covered with snow.  I find it fascinating how one tree can be covered with snow, and the one next to it is bare.  How does that happen?  I find it interesting how a very thin piece of wire can hold a 1/2 inch of snow.  What holds it there?  The snow and ice that accumulates on the window as a storm passes creates pretty crystals.  It is kind of fun to take time to look and see something new.  While I still long for the day when the deck, table and chairs are clear from snow, I can still enjoy the way the snow paints the surfaces in many different ways.  All white, but still different depending upon the surface it lands.  Just like our thoughts!

Happy Tuesday ~ thanks for stopping by!  Enjoy your moments of finding something new in the unpleasant things of your day!

How does the snow
stay on the wire?

Pretty cool that it does!


Ice crystals

From a different angle sparkle
more than the first glance

That's a lot of snow taking up my
sitting space!

Top of the tree covered,
nothing on the side of it!

Ah....some day soon, this is where I will
sit and enjoy the sunshine! 



No comments:

Post a Comment