Friday, March 1, 2013

Live life, full time

Life is a game, play it.  Life is a challenge, Meet it.  Life is an opportunity, capture it. - Unknown
I'm a little late in the day for my blog post.  Oh well, better late than never as they say.   As I thought about what to write, I glanced over at a picture frame that I've had for years.  It has been dropped, broken, and fixed, but I still hang on to it.  It reminds me of days when I'd watch our kids discover new things.  When our kids were young, every year at this time, the warm weather would melt the snow before the ground was ready for it.  The lake it created in our backyard was fun for the kids.  I always worried that we'd have a flood in the house.  Not the kids, they looked at it as an opportunity.  I took the picture in the frame, that day to reminded myself that life is really about the moments and living them to the fullest, instead of worrying about what might happen.  Our two daughters have always lived everything to the fullest.  When they were young, if there was a puddle to jump in, they did.  If there was a moment to discover something, they jumped right in.  Give them some chalk and they were off drawing on the whole driveway.  They loved creating and just being in the moment.  I love that about them.  They still do that.  What a refreshing way to live.  Live life, full time.

Gotta love the people who never miss the opportunity to capture the challenges, meet them and play with them.  How about you, how do you look at life?

Enjoy the opportunities to meet life head on!  Thanks for stopping by!  TGIF!

Armed with boots and zest
for discovery...!  Let's
go discover a lake or two!



No comments:

Post a Comment