Saturday, December 1, 2012

Best things in life come in threes

The best things in life come in threes, like friends, dreams and memories.  – Mencius
Silly Saturday - Week 10.  Here I am reporting in on progress.  Current status is "stalled."  Well, on secondhand, it hasn't really stalled.  This week, the donation boxes have cleared the room so a little progress.  Other than that, I've just kept it at status quo.  I knew this was going to be difficult to throw this project into the mix with the holidays.  Still doable, if I concentrate on it instead of getting sidetracked.

Speaking of getting sidetracked...let's grab a cup of coffee and I'll share a little sidetracked story about a favorite threesome of mine.  

One of my goals for the room is that there would be seating in the room, (I neglected to list on my project plan, but always knew it would be important.).  That way I could invite friends or family in to share time with me in my "mom cave".   Last night was the test of the current state of seating.  While there wasn't much room among the boxes still blocking the way, we still had a place to sit and chat!  Lucky for me, they didn't judge me for not having my project complete yet.  I'm pretty sure what we did before checking out my mom cave had very little to do with their lack of judgement.  Yeah, I'm going with that theory!

My three dear friends - Jackie, Jean and Kris helped me celebrate my birthday.  Each year, three of us celebrate turning the same age during the last 3 months.  My wonderful husband cooked us a fabulous 3 course meal as a gift for my birthday.  Dinner was a perfect way to celebrate our friendship and our birthdays together.  I appreciate my dear friends.  Together, we've watched our girls grow, both together and apart.  We support each other without judgement.   We always laugh when we are together.  We enjoy our journey of discovering life's moments.  We definitely have dreams for our daughters.  We definitely have memories to treasure just like our friendship.  Our shared time together is true therapy!  Oh and...we responsibly share the discovery of wine and whining together.

So what did we discover last night?  Let's take a peek...

Dear Jackie is full of creativity!
This is her gift to me.  Both the "classic" coke
and Polident I hear clean toilets!
I'm sure there will come the time in our lives when laughter
will bring on the need for the Assurance product!
(Her birthday is in the spring...
I'm glad I have time to plan her gift)!

Sometimes a dessert without any chocolate
is a good thing too!  (Copycat Olive Garden's
Lemon Cream Cake was a success!)

Let's try out the birthday gift from Kris -
Wine Pump Topper -

Photographer caught us all making different faces!

There we go - all looking at the camera!

He's still taking pictures - how about a crazy look...?

We're not sure if the new gift is working correctly or not,
after further discussion, Jackie will confirm.

The instructions state -
"To vacuum seal; insert into bottle, pump
until firm resistance is felt."
Nope...not going there!

In all seriousness, we think the gift is
working properly.  It is way better than
trying to squeeze the cork back in the bottle!

This morning - gift is still working
The wine is still sealed!
I'm a bit afraid to try to open it -
all the testing of the instructions
"pump until firm resistance is felt"
might have created quite the vacuum.
Wine doesn't get carbonated does it???

Three bottles, one still sealed with the
new Wine Pump Topper.
Silly memories and silly friends -
A sidetracked Silly Saturday!



No comments:

Post a Comment