Friday, November 30, 2012

Year old worries do fade

If you want to test your memory, try to recall what you were worrying about one year ago today. – E. Joseph Cossman
Okay, to confess, I went back and looked at pictures to see what it was that I was worrying about a year ago.   There were plenty of worries a year ago.  Looking back doesn't necessarily make you feel better.  That is, unless you look back to remind yourself of how you did make it through the things you were worrying about.  The situations may not have been easy, maybe they aren't totally resolved, or maybe they are replaced with bigger worries.  It seems as though life can always present you with things to worry about.   For those of us lucky to have family and friends to support us, the worries in life are easier to endure.

Whenever I'm worried, I remember that worrying doesn't change anything.  If it did, I wouldn't need to look at pictures to remind myself of what it was that I was worrying about.  It's the getting through it that counts.  Getting a plan of action, taking the steps and making things happen lessen the worries in life.  We are resourceful human beings.  Decisions, decisions, decisions are always the driving force for getting past worry.

I know that if I decide today is the day to decorate (i.e., Cram in too much stuff before the dinner party.), the cats will be happy.  Who do I want to be happy today??  Me or the cats??   The Chef might not be happy if I add in decorating on top of meal prep!   I'm deciding not to worry about the cats not being happy!

So there...no more worries!

Tizzie loves to be under the
Christmas tree (de-decorating it)

I'm secretly anxious to see if Dessy
can do this again...she's put on a
few extra pounds and doesn't look
like this would be possible!


No comments:

Post a Comment