Sunday, October 14, 2012

80's Flashback

"You look mahhhvellous!! -Billy Crystal's character 'Fernando Lamas' on Saturday Night Live (SNL)
 Ah, big hair pony tails to the side, short mini skirts, v-neck sweaters, collars flipped up on polo shirts, knee high socks and little white tennis shoes...just a few of my favorite things from the 80's.  Over the past decade, my kids have repeatedly reminded me that it's time to let go of my stuff from the 80's.  A frequent phrase heard around home, "No mom, you can't wear that."   I've worked really hard with afternoon "what not to wear" sessions in my closet and have done pretty well getting rid of most of those outfits.  I secretly have held on to a few, just 'cuz.  Within the last couple of weeks the 80's seem to be making a comeback and both my kids have been asking for anything that looks like the 80's for their costume days.  Yesterday's Savers dress-up day was the 80's.  When Sarah got up, she politely asked me if I have anything from the 80's that she can wear to work.  Rachel asked the week before and took my leggings, leotard, and leg warmers so those were out.  But...my secret stash was still available for Sarah.  The cute little white leather mini skirt (a secret goal to be able to wear it again, and still be able to breathe) and of course the classic V-neck sweater...they never go out of style.  Luckily, I also have kept all the earrings.  The big hoops, the colored hoops and the hot pink geometric shaped earrings all made her laugh.  Sarah can pull off any outfit and look mahhhvellous...now I need to sneak a picture of Rachel her 80's get-up!  Thanks for a walk down memory lane girls!

Sarah asked me..."So how did you
stand in the 80's?...."
I actually wore this skirt w/ a red silk
shirt with huge shoulder pads
and red flats - I had parted with those!


See the cool earrings - love the pony tail!

Oh...this is what I did all day while she was off having
fun - a rental property's oven..."I'm leaving the place
in better shape then when I moved in" - Renter's Mantra



No comments:

Post a Comment