Saturday, October 13, 2012

Clearly clutter

Bottom line is, if you do not use it or need it, it is clutter, and it needs to go. – Charisse Ward
How many times have you moved something more than once in your home, but never used it in the new location?  How many times have you hung on to something just because it is still useful?  The item is just too good to throw or it might come in handy someday.  How many gifts have you received that you've never used, but you've hung on to them?   How many things have you held on to that you or your children have outgrown?  All of those things are simply just plain old "clutter".

This is week three of my SILLY Saturdays - remember my criteria:  don't NEED it, don't WANT it, don't LOVE it...and it makes me laugh to think that I've hung on to it - OUT IT GOES.

This week's analysis of treasures, they meet the SILLY factor for sure.  Remember back to the days when snail mail was very popular for keeping in touch.  I loved writing letters to friends and pen-pals.  For every birthday, my mom would buy me little notebooks of pretty or funny kinds of paper.   She had that same passion of keeping in touch with people, so I've inherited all of her little notebooks, pads of papers and tons of cards.  I've hung on to these things because they are all still useful.  When I get a chance, I try to use them up.  But the volume is a bit overwhelming.  I definitely don't need this many, I don't want this many, and I don't love them!  (Time to sort out the cards based upon that criteria).

I've got my work cut out for me...but it will feel really good to say goodbye to them too!  See you next week!  Happy clutter clearing!

At least this is a cute card - I'm smiling
because I'm clearing out the ones I
no longer need, want, love!

As Garfield would say "I'm not messy,
I'm organizationally challenged"
Can you believe I have a notebook from college
because there was still paper in it,
and Dot Matrix labels...we'll the labels
are still good!  LOL





No comments:

Post a Comment