Monday, October 15, 2012

Today is our only sure possession

“Our main business is not to see what lies dimly at a distance, but to do what lies clearly at hand.”  - Thomas Carlyle
Every day is an opportunity to start fresh.  Shake off all of the worries of tomorrow, shake off all the troubles from yesterday and focus on today.  Today is all we really have.  Live in the moment, be present for yourself and those you are with.  The days when things are a bit fuzzy I tend to worry and try to figure out the best plan and it consumes all my energy.  When I find myself doing that, it isn't very fun for me or for my family.  When I refocus and remember that there is nothing I can do about what happened yesterday.  I certainly don't know what tomorrow will really bring.  When I trust in the realities of today, life is much more enjoyable.

This poem by Indian dramatist, Kalidasa sheds a great perspective of how not to worry, hope you agree it is a great way to look at life!   Enjoy the sunrise, enjoy the day!

Salutation to the Dawn

Look to this day!
For it is life, the very life of life.
In its brief course
Lie all the verities and realities of your existence:
The bliss of growth
The glory of action
The splendor of beauty,
For yesterday is but a dream
And tomorrow is only a vision,
But today well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness
And every tomorrow a vision of hope.
Look well, therefore to this day!
Such is the salutation to the dawn.

Beautiful sunrise - see the little moon and star in
the upper right hand corner.

Love the colors - love the moment of beauty
Glad I took time to notice!

No comments:

Post a Comment