Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Pumpkin seed discovery

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known. – Carl Sagan
Today is Halloween and here I sit dressed up as a lumberjack, with my ghost earrings, cuz I'm totally sure that is part of the costume.  It just wouldn't be the same if I didn't wear some earrings.  The cool thing about my costume is that it required (per me) that a stocking cap be worn.  That cut off lots of time in getting ready for work.  A quick ponytail and plopped the hat on top!  Instant lumberjack hairdo!  I sure the heck hope that it is cool in my office today, so that I don't have to take off the hat in public!

When our kids were little, it was a big deal on Halloween morning.  Scrambling to get ready, putting on the costumes and then racing off to work.  Racing back from work at the end of the day to hit the trick or treating trails.  I wonder what Rachel is doing this morning getting ready for her classroom of three year olds?  Sarah has been dressing up for weeks at Saver's, so she's not needing my help.  The candy that I bought a couple of weeks ago has been mostly consumed.  It is a good thing that we don't get any trick-or-treaters in our neighborhood.  Not a very stressful morning so far.

Last night we finished the three day project of making pumpkin seeds.  I had never made them this way.  They look like they turned out, and they taste okay too.  I started to wonder if they are any good for a person, and came across this link.  See, somewhere, somebody shares incredible news you were just waiting to know!  Hah...you were wondering where this crazy Wednesday blog was going weren't you...?

Happy Wednesday - hope you discover something you didn't know before!  Make it an incredible day!

Healing Properties of Pumpkin Seeds


Rachel - "I'm the cutest tiger ever"

Sarah (3 years later) - "so Rachel
wore this too??"

Savory version (4 tbls butter, 1/2 tsp garlic
salt, 2 tsps worchestershire)

Halloweeny version (4 tbls butter, 1 tsp
cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ginger, 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp allspice) - tastes like pumpkin
pie - I'm positive that the healthy benefits
of pumpkin seeds might not include
the amount of yummy butter!!


No comments:

Post a Comment