Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Bad composition perfected

There is no better time to crop a bad composition than just before you press the shutter release. – Bryan Peterson
 Tuesday Photography Tips - Yes, that's awesome advise above.  One of the things about my camera that I really like is that it has a pretty big focal range.  It takes in a lot of the area around the objects I'm trying to capture in the picture.  It works well when I take a picture of a room and want to see most of it.  My camera is great for that.  It can even make the room appear bigger than it really is.  On the other hand, it can be frustrating.  Many times I would like to zoom in and focus on something without having it distorted.  Far away objects in real life look closer and more interesting until I take a picture.  Last night when I stepped out on our deck I saw the smoke from the neighbors wood stove was forming fog across the field.  It was neat looking to me so I grabbed the camera.  But...the picture didn't turn out exciting at all.  This is a perfect example of bad composition.

You know what...it's all about the discovery process of what not to do that helps a photographer grow!  If I would stop here, I'd never take another picture!

Time to discover examples of better composition!  At least my pumpkin is cute...

Oops...focused on the deck railing instead.

Smoke fog...way across the field.

Fish eyes, or are they eye lashes??

No comments:

Post a Comment