Saturday, October 6, 2012

Silly Saturday Week 2 - Hacking away unessentials

“It's not the daily increase but daily decrease. Hack away at the unessential.” 
~Bruce Lee 
 Huh, who would've thunk that Bruce Lee is an expert on clutter removal??  Well, now that I think about it more, his outlook on improving himself, helping others improve themselves, and his ability to find the essentials is really a great way to look at clearing out clutter.  It is a mind game, it is a physical game, and it is a rewarding game.  You have to want to clear out stuff from your life before you can begin the process.  If your mind isn't into it and committed to it, you won't be successful.  That's the first obstacle.  The emotions that we tie to stuff are complicated.  Simplifying them helps.  Do I want it?  Do I need it?  Do I love it?

My SILLY find this week meets the laugh quotient.  I don't believe I even watched these tapes. Watched, let alone worked out to them, now that's funny.  I think I probably worked out to the Pilates one once, but I much preferred the class I took over working out to the video.  I've found for me that running is way more enjoyable.  It must be as I've stuck to it over the years.  I'm sure there are a few pairs of shoes I should part with during this clutter removal.  Yeah, another spot to clear out.  Thinking back to when I got the Tae Bo tapes, I'm positive I never got past the instructional video.  The cover for that is long lost.  The fact that they are VHS tapes indicates even more of the "I've held on to it too long" factor.  These are definitely unessentials worthy of donating.  They are in very good condition since they were never used they.  There I go again, trying to rationalize the keep factor.  Nope, out they go and off I go to my favorite form of exercise.  Time for a run!  Bruce would be proud, I've found my essential exercise and I've hacked away a few unessentials!

Wishing you luck in hacking away your unessentials ~ Be strong and focused!!

Someone will still have a VHS player right???

Ah, now these have given me many miles
of stress reduction!  Keepers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment