Thursday, November 1, 2012

Blessings are worth counting

If you want to feel rich, just count the things that money can’t buy. – Proverb
Yes, I'm still on my Thrifty Thursday saving $24/day mission.  Instead of an action step or tip, just for today I wanted to remind myself of all the blessings in life.   Counting blessings is a frugal way to get rich quick.  You can't help but feel rich when you inventory all the blessings you have in life.  I know I can't buy the things that really matter.  Life is full and more enjoyable when I count those things that money can't buy.  They are really free and there for the taking if I just take the time to enjoy them.

What does your list consist of?  When is the last time you took inventory of those blessings?


Hugs
Kisses
Smiles
Sunrises
Sunsets
Running
Laughter
Spaghetti coated faces
A faithful dog
A cat purring
A good night's sleep
A nap in the afternoon
Kudos from a co-worker
Kudos to a co-worker
Saying "I love you to your spouse, child, parent, friend"
Hearing "I love you from your spouse, child, parent, friend"
Taking a walk
Smelling the fresh morning air
Sunshine
A "hello" to a stranger
A compliment to someone
A compliment from someone
The reading on the scale going down after eating less
Memories recalled
Creating memories
Smelling flowers
Looking through old photos
Reading
Journalling
Writing a letter
Counting your blessings


What free blessings are you going
to count today?  

Ready, set, let's count!


No comments:

Post a Comment