Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Accomplish something by leaving an image

My photographs are not planned or composed in advance, and I do not anticipate that the onlooker will share my viewpoint.  However, I feel that if my photograph leaves an image on his mind, something has been accomplished. – Robert Frank
Tuesday Photo Tips - As an amateur photographer I think that's a great quote.  When I look back at the pictures I've taken while discovering how my camera works, I have to wonder what the heck anyone would think about some of the pictures.  I have to wonder myself why I took some of the pictures in the first place.

Hmmm...leave an image on the viewers mind then something has been accomplished.  There's a sense of "freedom from the rules" if you approach photography by not planning or composing.  Just play with it and discover different angles, different poses and you might just accomplish something.

Busted - Tizzie can never resist
a new perch or helping me
mop the floor.

What did I accomplish - a new
perch for Tizzie and a clean floor!
Now doesn't that leave an
image in your mind???  

No comments:

Post a Comment