Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Making interesting mistakes

“Go and make interesting mistakes, make amazing mistakes, make glorious and fantastic mistakes. Break rules. Leave the world more interesting for your being here. Make. Good. Art.” ~Neil Gaiman
Tuesday Photography Tips - I love Neil's quote.  Mostly the part about making mistakes.  Remembering back to when I first starting taking pictures with my camera, I tried too hard to capture what it was that I was seeing as the perfect photo.  Trying too hard didn't help.  When I just started trying different angles, different ways to hold the camera, and just taking pictures of random (yes...more randomness) things, I started to have more fun.  There are endless options if you take away the "rules" and just make mistakes.  Way back when you had to pay for the film, it was a different story.   Now with digital photos, you can delete as you go or delete as you review them and it doesn't cost you more than your time.  The more photos you take the greater the opportunity to discover what works and what doesn't.  Have fun, lots of fun!  That is the difference maker and the way to make the world you see more interesting.

I'm enjoying this stage of making interesting mistakes.  Dreaming of the day they will be amazing, glorious and fantastic.  Until then, I'm remembering the rule to just make it fun and see what happens!

Happy Mistake Making!

Not sure why I thought my hand
in the picture would add to it?

Better lighting, but still weird
with the table behind her.

One leaf with shadows with space above -
almost a "good" thirds picture

A bunch of leaves...pretty boring

One branch, maybe even closer
would have been better.

Backed away and caught more trees,
I think I like the close up better.
Nope nothing amazing,
Just some "interesting mistakes"!


No comments:

Post a Comment