Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Kindness, beauty and truth

The ideals which have lighted my way, and time after time have given me new courage to face life cheerfully, have been kindness, beauty and truth. – Albert Einstein
As I confessed on Monday, I was happy that it was a short work week.  So here I am on my first day of "vacation" on one of the busiest weeks of the year for our family.  With preparing for Thanksgiving (thanks to my awesome husband who has done most of the work), hosting Thanksgiving, and then Black Friday shopping with my two beautiful daughters, it doesn't appear as a relaxing time off.  You know what, it is one of my favorite times of year.  I'm a little melancholy as it is the first time my mom won't be part of the festivities.  I'm missing her a bit today, fondly remembering how much she loved this season.   She could always find a way to pause and enjoy what was going on.

The quote above helps me pause and remind myself to look for the beauty of the crazy moments.  If you plan too much, rush too much, and don't enjoy what it is that you're doing, what's the point?  You only make yourself and everyone around you miserable.

Brush off the stress, be kind, enjoy the beautiful people in your life, be truthful with yourself and have enough courage to light the way to a cheerful holiday season.

Enjoy the kick off week to this year's holiday season!

Last year at Christmas - I still have the dog sitting
here by my desk to remind  of mom and the joys of
shopping on Black Friday!



No comments:

Post a Comment