Thursday, November 29, 2012

Another year older, you bet, bring it on!

Thirty five is a very attractive age; London society is full of women who have of their own free choice remained thirty-five for years. – Oscar Wilde
Thrifty Thursday - if it is your birthday like it is mine today, how do you spend it being thrifty?  Maybe like the women in London who trim off a few years?  Or maybe it's like me...saving the coupons and the "Kohl's dollars" to buy a "free birthday gift" for myself.   Somehow, I always end up buying something for someone else.  (Confession time, cuz' duh...how do you think I got the Kohl's dollars in the first place.  You have to spend it buying stuff in the first place!)  

Maybe the women in London have it right - just cutting off years is way cheaper?  But is that really fun?  If I did that, I would have missed my two daughter's growing up years.  No way would I give up those years!   I would have missed working with the awesome team I have at work.  I wouldn't trade that time and moments of laughter shared!  I would have missed all the get-togethers with my dear friends, I wouldn't trade those moments.  We help each other grow graciously!  I would have missed discovering bifocals.  Well...I could trade that if I could see without them!  I would have missed my every 5 week therapy session with my awesome hair dresser friend!  I wouldn't give that up, if you do the same, you know why.  I would have missed every awesome meal my husband has cooked over the years.  No way!!  I would have missed a bazillion free "I love you's" from my family.  Nah...there's no trading of years for me!  I'm thankful for every single one of them!  I'm thankful you are part of my life too!  Birthdays are a great way of celebrating memories.

Look....Google even knew it was my birthday today!  There's no way of hiding it, might as well celebrate another year of discovery!!   I did double check and the lottery winner wasn't me, so I'm on my own with my coupons and Kohl's bucks.  I'm off to plan my strategy!  I'm sure I'll find a deal!!!

Now...someone needs to explain how this works?


No comments:

Post a Comment