Saturday, November 3, 2012

Modern Technology Wins

Modern technology owes ecology an apology. – Alan M. Eddison
SILLY Saturday Week 6 - wow, that's 1/2 way through the project.  I should be seeing great strides of improvement right?

It is always important to take inventory in a project mid-way through it to see how you're progressing.  Since this is a 12 week project and we are on week 6 it's time to really get motivated and energized by seeing areas of open space and organization.  Sometimes it gets messier before it gets better.  Technically speaking, I had designated 14 weeks as there will be two breaks during the holidays.  Now that I think about it, there are plenty of holiday decorations to clear out too!  Oh dear, more to clear.  I think I'm still in the messy stage when I look around the room.

Anyhow, back to the work at hand.  I'm still working my way through the sorting paper in spurts of time.  Paper clearing definitely takes the right mindset to work through.  Today, is my clearing out of the outdated technology items.  In pure and simple terms, they are taking up space.  I haven't used these items in YEARS!  Yes, they are SILLY.  Yes, they have to go.  They will add box number 2 to the donation zone in the room. Pretty soon, that zone will be taking up too much space and I'll have to make a road trip to Savers.

Remember the three question rule?  Do I love it?  Do I want it? Do I need it?  If it is "no" then out it goes.

Let's see what treasures I've found this week.  Definitely items that need to go!!

What a coincidence...who would have thought
11 years later, I would open up my day planner
to the tab that says "today" and find that I could
still use this calendar...?  See how useful it is
to hold on to things!
But...I have Outlook now!

Cats just know when there's something "new" to discover!

Tizzie is a little scared of this outdated stuff!

Day planner (customized w/ my initials...sentimental??)
Remember when bookkeeping was done on journal
pages?  Oh, yeah, that's why I needed the pencil sharpener. 

My word processor typewriter.   I think Word, Publisher,
One Note, Visio, Powerpoint all outdo this treasure!

Pencils sharpeners, one for each child (apparently
they don't need them anymore) and my original one.  Guess
I'll have to find some pencils to sharpen to see if
any of them work?

Everything I need is right here at my
modern technology fingers...
No need for the journal paper, I've got Quicken
and Quickbooks & Excel.  Typewriter, nope definitely
not needed.  

Even Facebook and Blogger on one screen so
I can toggle back and forth!  Oops,
I should have opened Pinterest too!  



No comments:

Post a Comment