Thursday, September 6, 2012

A moment of bravery (insane bravery)

“You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of insane courage.  Just literally twenty seconds of just embarrassing bravery.  And I promise you, something great will come of it.” – Benjamin Mee
 Okay, so I still haven't completed the the self portrait, ("selfies," as we affectionately call them), on my to-do list for my camera.  Oh, believe me, it's not for a lack of trying.  I showed Sarah all the pictures one day and I can't even remember what she said, other than it was something close to "it's freaky seeing my mom in so many pictures in a row."   We had a great laugh!  I've always prided myself a bit in my ability to multitask, but for some reason, holding the camera, trying to place it correctly for a "flattering" picture, hasn't been something I've been able to do.  Either the camera doesn't focus, or I give it my fake smile (the one where the neck muscles are tense) or I smile nice and it is straight on and looks like those old dog photos where it's all nose.  When I read the quote above, I thought maybe, just maybe if I post a few of the more embarrassing ones, something good will come of it.  Right???  One of these days...I will get this task completed.  Until then...time for a chuckle and a little embarrassing bravery!

Looking in the mirror, and not placing
the camera correctly.

Oops, was this with or without flash?
Fake smile - can tell with the neck

Let's try w/ window lighting, not lined
up and a fake smile again!

When in doubt try it in the mirror...

This time I didn't catch the
camera flash, still, nothing
flattering in this picture

Oh geez...another day of trying.
Sarah said...what's with the arm?
I'm thinking, what's with the messy
pile behind me!

No comments:

Post a Comment