Tuesday, September 4, 2012

My how the school years have flown by

You can teach a student a lesson for a day; but if you can teach him to learn by creating curiosity, he will continue the learning process as long as he lives.  ~Clay P. Bedford

Today begins, our youngest daughter, Sarah's first day of her senior year in high school.  It's hard to believe the summer has come and gone already.  It's even harder to believe that she is a senior.  Earlier this summer, our oldest daughter, Rachel graduated from CVTC and is carrying on the tradition of teaching and encouraging curiosity with her classroom of three year olds.  My how I loved those years when our kids were going through the innocent age of discovery.

Where or where did all that time go?  I know I was there, but when you're in the midst of things, you don't realize how quickly it slips away.  Looking back through all the pictures, the papers recording the school activities and the treasures the kids created over the years, I'm reminded of the fact that they do have a genuine curiosity to learning new things.  I'm thankful for their teachers who were able to reach that in both of our kids.

My, how the school years have flown by!  It's fun to look back.  I couldn't be more proud of both of them.
Rachel 2nd Grade, Sarah Kindergarten
awe...she looks a little scared

Running off to catch the bus

The big yellow bus 

Sniffle...time for a kleenex!

No comments:

Post a Comment