Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Listening for opportunities

“You have to be able to turn off your transmitter and listen – put the receiver on, let other people articulate ideas, and nurture them.” – Richard C. Buetow
One of my favorite things about spending time with friends, co-workers and family is hearing their stories and thoughts.  I love to watch as their ideas unfold as well as to see the way their ideas then turn into positive energy to move those ideas forward.  I've had others tell me in the past, "you should have been a therapist, you're such a good listener."  I guess I'm just fascinated with watching the process of others work through their situations as well as what I can learn from them while they share thoughts.  I love building upon ideas.  Guess that's not such a bad combination.  When I'm up writing this blog at the hour of the morning when there aren't many people up to bounce ideas off of, Copper is always there.  He's mastered the technique of listening.  He listens intently for the possibility to go on an adventure outside, or for a KLAW (aka walk), or for a treat.  He's so darn cute too.  I've captured a couple moments where he's actually looking at me, instead of me trying to catch his attention.  He's my little early morning listening partner.  Not only am I thankful for him, I'm thankful for all my friends who are great listeners too!  Hope you find opportunities today to listen and nurture ideas.  What a positive way to share life together!

Here he is waiting anxiously to come back
in to hear what's up next in the house

Here he is listening to me talk
about the sunset, waiting for me to put the
camera down so we can take
a stroll around the yard.

I'm telling him...check out the cool
cloud formations, do you think
they'll make a great picture?
Eh...not really, but still a
possibility!

No comments:

Post a Comment