Monday, September 17, 2012

Savers - an adventure in discovery

Discovery is seeing what everybody else has seen, and thinking what nobody else has thought. - Albert Szent-Gyorgi
Yesterday Sarah and I took a road trip to Savers.  She wanted to show me all the things the store carries and we dropped off some donation items too.  Savers is a store that definitely has many items that everybody else has seen.  I definitely know I have plenty of items that we can donate that will fit in well. Savers also has many options that nobody else has thought of.  The place was bustling with shoppers.  I was amazed at the shopping carts that were full of clothes and items.  The "possibility thinking" was abundant!  Even if you can afford every luxury and wouldn't want to buy used, recycling and reusing donated items are good for the community, and for the pocketbooks of the shoppers!  It was fun to watch the high school and college students search through the Halloween items and the "vintage" clothing.  I found some books that I wanted to read, I bought 5 for the price of a new one and I found a brand new skirt (never worn) that someone else donated.  Time to clean out some closets and share something for someone else to discover as something new.  Hope you find something to donate too!

The dash before take off

The driver 

And we're off for our adventure

Nothing but a dreamer

Our travel companion

Always stay hydrated!

No comments:

Post a Comment