Sunday, September 23, 2012

Remembering summer's landscape

The landscape belongs to the person who looks at it. -Ralph Waldo Emerson
Thinking back over the summer and all the pictures I took to capture the adventures, I'm reminded of nature's ability to persevere.  The weather has blessed us with a couple of frosts now, and that means it is time to start clearing out the garden beds, or covering them up to prolong the inevitable end to the summer.  I'm one of those people who thinks if it is meant to be it will be.  If the plant can survive the changes in the season, it is meant to stay in the garden as long as it can.  Looking at my tomato plant and the morning glories now, I'm guessing they have met the end of their growing season.  Ultimately, as the season changes, the annual flowers are ready to end their cycle of life.  I'm a bit melancholy thinking about the season changing.  But...I do still have to master the "snow setting" on my camera.  Fall is longer than that, but the first snow is something to look forward to.

Green leaves, first tomatoes - 2 months ago

Green leaves, first flowers - two months ago

No leaves, still a couple tomatoes -
they'll have to ripen on the counter now!

No leaves, just the seed pods for
next year's crop


No comments:

Post a Comment