Sunday, February 3, 2013

A canoe expedition of a different nature

Everyone must believe in something.  I believe I’ll go canoeing. – Henry David Thoreau
Yesterday afternoon I decided it was time to start learning more about my new camera.  I grabbed the camera and the instructional book and started reading.  I needed a different object to film.  The pets were lounging somewhere else.  Thinking about warmer days, being out on the lake in the boat, the reflection of the water, the peacefulness of the imagined scene got me dreaming.  Ah...summer is looking pretty nice when February rolls around.  I would much rather grab the camera and adventure outside to find things to take pictures of.  Since it remains cold here, what's the next best thing?  What object reflects light in an interesting way in the late afternoon lighting?  What object can I sit in the window sill that won't move as I'm trying to figure out the settings on the camera?   Well...why not, it was a Saturday afternoon...

I think Leinenkugel's has come up with a great seasonal beer just for those occasions where you want to think of warmer weather and being outside enjoying nature.  Why not just grab one of their Canoe Paddler beers and take a few pictures...??  Maybe I've sunk to the bottom of the idea pool, or maybe I've just found something really great for those of legal drinking age?  Either way - if you are legal and you enjoy the taste of beer, I would recommend this beer.  If you're not legal, and you have a camera, you can certainly take a picture or two!   Perfect timing for the Super Bowl too - way to go Leinies!

Thanks for stopping by!  Here's to wishing you a great Sunday - may your favorite team win the Super Bowl!

Testing the camera without flash - enough lighting
to show the shadow of the bottle, out of focus
background.  

Close  up setting on the camera,
with the reflection of the bottle in the
window - 

Another close up - just in case you missed it in
the picture above.  

The sun is beginning to set -  the light reflections
in the bottle are getting less interesting.  The sunset
is pretty though - can't see it in this picture though...

I had my husband take the camera to catch this shot.
It looked prettier from the window by the beer
for some reason...must be another setting on the
camera I needed to set it on?  Oh well, good thing
the sun always rises and sets!
There's always tomorrow to discover something new!


No comments:

Post a Comment