Saturday, February 23, 2013

Ordinary moments

There are no ordinary moments. – Dan Millman
Another groundhog day here in Wisconsin...snowing again.  I'm beginning to wonder if the ground hog's prediction for an early spring is right?  Does it mean that when an early spring is predicted, nature will bombard us with all the snow it can in shorter amount of time?  Who knows!  On the bright side, it is nice for all the kids and people who enjoy the outside activities to have a fresh coat of snow to venture out into.  An opportunity to experience winter moments.

So what about the quote above?  I guess if I think about it, there really aren't any ordinary moments if you're living in the moments along the way.  As I sit here typing, I can either be distracted and think about all the other things on my to do list.  I can be focused and watch the words carefully as I type them.  I can dream ahead on what I might say.  I can wish I was somewhere else...like the beach in Jamaica.  All of those thoughts represent moments I can honestly say are unique to me and definitely not ordinary.

As I was doing ordinary tasks this morning, I decided to take my camera along to catch a couple moments.  A fresh loaf of banana bread sliced is a moment of savory anticipation.  Just making our bed this morning offered not so ordinary expressions on Dessy's face as she helped me.

Yes, I think the quote is right.  Living in the moment, looking at each one as less than ordinary helps me appreciate them even more.

Thanks for stopping by!  Enjoy your Saturday and all your "ordinary or not so ordinary" moments!

She saw something under the quilt...

She can make the craziest faces when she's
ready to pounce!

Ah, fresh banana bread!

Good thing there's more loaves!  Yummmm!!
Plus the house smells so nice when
we bake bread!



No comments:

Post a Comment