Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Rest break

Sometimes the most urgent and vital thing you can possibly do is take a complete rest. – Ashleigh Brilliant
Ever have one of those days when your mind is just racing and no matter how hard you concentrate, you just can't think straight.  Those are the days when taking a cat's approach to life helps refresh and renew your outlook on the situation.  Spend a day watching what a cat does and you'll discover what I mean.  They always seem to know when it is the best time to take a rest break.  They do it when they've thought too hard about the birds they can't catch.  When they've chased each other.  When the house is quiet and nothing is going on.  They seem to know it is a good time to just relax and gear up for the next adventure.

Our two cats are always randomly perched around the house.  Recently, when I took a break to do some stretching, I noticed Dessy in a "resting" position.  As I was laying on the floor, I glanced over under the chair and there she was, all sprawled out on her back.  She looked like she was in heaven.  I don't think she was mimicking me...I'm sure she was there before I noticed her.  She definitely knows how to put her all into the resting mode!

When in doubt, rest it out!  Enjoy your Tuesday!  Thanks for stopping by!

She stretched when I saw here, but she was too
comfortable to turn over.

She even "posed" for a better look, note - still
on her back.  After I put away the camera,
she went right back to the rest at hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment