Thursday, February 7, 2013

Wonder versus doubt

Wonder rather than doubt is the root of all knowledge. – Abraham Joshua Heschel
Interesting quote above, I wonder if it is true?  Think about a time when you've learned something.  Then think about a time when you had the opportunity to learn something, but you didn't.  There was an opportunity in each situation.  Perhaps the difference was your approach to it?  When you doubt, there is a lack of enthusiasm to really understand something new.  You almost give up before you even start when you doubt there is anything in it to learn from.  Or how about if it goes against your beliefs or your prior knowledge, do you simply toss it off as "it can't be, so why look further?"  I know if I say to myself, "I wonder if that could be," I tend to dig deeper and learn more from the situation than when I say to myself, "I doubt that could be."   Thank goodness there are many opportunities in life to say, why not, let's wonder about a different way, let's not doubt, let's really listen to see if it could be true or if there's something there we haven't discovered before.  There's much to learn out there if you wonder why, wonder how, wonder what, and wonder when.

How about you?  Do you think doubting or wonder create a better outlook for learning?  I wonder if today you'll look at it as "I doubt it will be a good day" or "I wonder if it will be a good day"?

Thanks for stopping by!  Enjoy your day of wondering...!

I wonder what Tizzie thinks when she looks
at me from across the table...

I wonder what the little hamster thinks
when he sees these two staring at him...

I wonder why I didn't delete this picture???
Oh yeah...so I could learn what happens when I
move the camera too fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment