Sunday, February 24, 2013

Running for play and renewal

There are as many reasons for running as there are days in the year, years in my life.  But mostly I run because I am an animal and a child, an artist and a saint.  So, too, are you.  Find your own play, your own self-renewing compulsion, and you will become the person you are meant to be. – George Sheehan
This morning when I looked out, it wasn't snowing!  Then I took a little closer look at the driveway and it is showing signs of spring...it is finally clear in spots.  Soon, it will all be clear and I'll be hitting the road to run outside.  I've been a wimp this year and haven't run outside.  I remember last February, it was so warm and the roads were clear and running outside was awesome.  This year, we have had lots of snow and ice.  A combination I haven't taken the risk to run on.  My faithful treadmill has been there for me though.  I do admire those who continue running regardless of the weather.  I bet they are enjoying the drier roads today.  Running is my play and compulsion for renewal.

What do you do for self-renewal?  Hope you find opportunities today to play and renew!  Thanks for stopping by!

I'm dreaming of the sun shining,
the green grass showing, and
ice free roads!  They will
be here soon, I can just feel it!



No comments:

Post a Comment