Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Look at things no one else bothers to

One very important aspect of motivation is the willingness to stop and look at things that no one else has bothered to look at.  This simple process of focusing on things that are normally taken for granted is a powerful source of creativity. – Edward de Bono
Today, pondering my long to-do list of tasks ahead of me, I needed a little boost of motivation.  At those moments, I know I need something different to look at.  I know I need to come at things from a different angle, otherwise, I'll get drained and just sit there staring at the computer or the task at hand.  That's nonproductive to say the least.

Thinking about warmer weather again...that's my obsession for the week.  I thought about when I carried my camera around with me this past summer and just took random pictures of everyday things, I did feel creative.  The pictures may not have turned out very interesting.  As I look back at them, I can definitely tell I was still at the stage of trying to figure out how the camera worked, not about the framing of the objects.  Simply thinking about the weather starting to get warmer, and the opportunity to revisit the landscape and take even better pictures just stirs the creativity juices in me.

What do you do when you feel your motivation is waning?  Do you look at the situation from a different angle or do you let your energy drain and get sucked down into low motivation?  Try to look at things from a different angle and see what happens!

Happy Wednesday - focus on the things you take for granted in a different way and see what happens!  Thanks for stopping by!

Look up to see a different view.

Look down to see what you miss
when you don't.

Look around at things
growing where you didn't plant them.

Notice the tenacity of nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment