Thursday, February 21, 2013

Winter's promise

Winter is the time of promise because there is so little to do – or because you can now and then permit yourself the luxury of thinking so. – Stanley Crawford
When winter first begins, I welcome it.  I love to watch it snow, especially when I don't have to travel anywhere and I can simply enjoy the fresh look to the scenery.  After a period of months of it though...I'm ready for the spring.  I like to dream of the fresh green color of the grass, the budding of the trees, and the early spring flowers to arrive.

We're not there yet here in Wisconsin.  It's cold, really cold here today.  1 degree above 0.  Yikes...if I didn't have plans to go to work, then I would embrace the quote above.

I guess a day of dreaming of warmer weather and spring is in order.  I know it will be here soon!  Enjoy your Thursday and  the moments where you give yourself the permission to enjoy "so little to do."!  Thanks for stopping by!

When the weather looks like this outside...

I can dream about the flowers
sprouting up and warmer weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment