Friday, February 1, 2013

Diverting your mind to help you think

The mind ought to sometimes be diverted that it may return the better to thinking. – Phaedrus
I'm finding now that while my brain is busy learning a new job, it is tired by the end of the day.  I love to learn new things, and I'm excited each morning to learn more about the new adventure.  When it comes to thinking of new quotes or new things to take pictures of for this blog...I start to draw a blank.  Oh no...does that mean my brain has a maximum ability to think of something random each day?  I think I'm just thinking too hard!  That's when it is time to divert and look at the things around me that happen without my intervention at all.

How about nature?  The crazy weather that we had this week is an example.  We had rain, then ice, then blowing snow.  What did that create outside?  Really cool looking snow patterns.  The sunlight through the clouds create the "sun dogs" in the sky and the snow blowing across the ice underneath created patterns in the snow and drifts along the fence.  All of that happened overnight and I didn't even have to think about it!
I could even take the pictures from the window without having to go out in the blustery wind.

What do you do when your mind is drawing a blank?  What diversions do you find helpful?  I hope you find time to divert today!  Even if you love the warmer weather and despise going out in the winter, can you find the beauty of it from your window too?  Enjoy your Friday!  Thanks for stopping by!!

It was cool to watch the
wind blow across the yard.  It
was swirling and polishing as it
crossed the yard.

Another view, each part of the yard created different
patterns in the snow.

A close up of the snow.

Check out the drifts.  Copper would disappear.  I
don't see any rabbit tracks either...huh...wonder
where they are when the snow is blowing like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment