Friday, February 8, 2013

Personally experiencing a thought

All truly wise thoughts have been thought already thousands of times; but to make them truly ours, we must think them over again honestly, till they take root in our personal experience. – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
When I read that quote this morning it made me think.  It is really true isn't it?  Until we accept something, we have to think it over and over again, and then experience it ourselves to really accept it.

Let's take something totally random I heard recently.  There's been this message going around that cinnamon and honey mixed together and eaten will ward off the cold.  I know, and I'm sure you know, there is more to it than just eating those two ingredients to keep us from getting sick.  A healthy diet, plenty of rest, a way to relieve stress and an optimistic outlook on life all help too.  I agree, but...it doesn't hurt to incorporate extra measures to the recipe of health.

So...here's what I've been eating for breakfast.  It looks terrible, but it tastes great to me and it is easy to make too.  My personal experience is that it works for warding off the cold (knock on wood!).

Rethink something today, you might be surprised at how it turns out once you let the thought take root!  Thanks for stopping by!!  Happy Friday!!!

1/2 cup oatmeal

Add 1 cup water

Place in microwave

Cook on high for 1 minute, stir, cook for 30 more seconds

Stir

Add 1 tsp peanut butter

Add 1 tsp of honey, drizzled over oatmeal

Add sprinkling of cinnamon to taste

Stir it all together
Add milk and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment