Thursday, January 24, 2013

Always something to write about

And by the way, everything is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise.  The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt. – Sylvia Plath
Oh really, we'll let's see about that!  As I sit here this morning, with my cup of coffee and piles surrounding me, I'm not sure that I feel very creative.  Then I glanced to my left and saw the book I found as I was sorting this week.  Don't worry...I'm not going to go chapter by chapter on you again!   A long time ago, I read this book and got exhausted trying to figure out how to apply it to our house, so I never really followed through.  The fact that you can apply the bagua to literally every area, inside every bigger area, just seems too crazy to me.

Let's take my home office for example.  It happens to be in the "Fame/Reputation" area of our house.  But that's only if I apply the bagua correctly from the entrance to our home.  Our house isn't a square, and I don't know if the garage should be part of the bagua.  So...after all the figuring and process of elimination, it's my best guess, the office is in that section of the bagua.  As you enter my office door, you're supposed to use the "Career" section as the doorway.  Since my doorway is to the far right of the room, does that mean that I don't have a "Helpful People/Travel" section or do they just meld together, or do you simply rotate the bagua?  If you rotate it, then the section that I thought was the far left corner of a square room is something totally different?  The book didn't have a clear answer on how to apply to my floor plan.  So I continue to guess and see if there is positive or negative affect in that area of my life for a day.  If no change, then I guess it didn't really matter right?  The next section after the helpful people is the "Creativity/Children" area.  If you're struggling in this area by not being able to conceive children (not my problem) or come up with creative ideas you might just have blocked energy in this area of your home.  Hmmm....

The book is very clear on the following message.  Any place you have clutter in your home you have blocked energy.  I've been doing lots of reorganizing and clutter clearing and this is the pile sitting in my "creative" area of the room.  It's a transitional pile of clutter.  Imagine that!  So is my block for creativity this morning because I have clutter sitting in my "creative" area or is it because just seeing the pile there creates stress and frustration because I have to walk around it?

All I know is it's time to get busy and unblock some energy!  (By the way - the book is very interesting and I would recommend reading it if you are at all lacking motivation to get rid of clutter).

Thanks for stopping by!  Happy decluttering Thursday!

Pile of transitional clutter (Product
placement of the book - not intended for
discarding at this time...)

Another pile of transitional clutter.  It
is placed in either the Helpful People/Travel or
the Career Section.  No spring break for me!

A fun book to read!  Now go clear some clutter!

No comments:

Post a Comment