Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The rhythm of living

Action and reaction, ebb and flow, trial and error, change – this is the rhythm of living.  Out of our over-confidence, fear; out of our fear, clearer vision, fresh hope.  And out of hope, progress.  – Bruce Barton
Well, I don't know about you, but I'm feeling like it has been a little too long safely tucked away in the house.  I'm thankful this little cold snap is soon to be over.  I know, it too shall pass.  The cold weather passes just like the really hot days in the summer when all you want to do is stay in the air conditioning.  I'm looking forward to new beginnings!  January can seems like such a strange transition month.  You're on to the new year, but you haven't quite got down what it is that you want to be doing.

Some days it feels like your rhythm is off.  Some days you're doing awesome, some days not so awesome.  Taking a risk here and there helps you get out of the place of fear.  If it is the weather that gets your spirits down, hoping for an early spring might be where you're at today.  There's a lot of hope in spring.  I love thinking of the fresh air and walking around outside.  The change of seasons will come in due time.  Until then, I'm keeping busy finding ways to keep my spirits up.

Today I looked back at a picture I took when I was attempting creativity.  It's all about trial and errors in photography.  Sarah's critique made me smile that day and today.  The picture reminds me of taking a risk to discover something new.  There's that I'm looking forward to new beginnings theme again!  Ah...

Thanks for stopping by - I'm off to discover some more trial and error moments.  Hope you have a great day!

A carefully placed bluebird feather.  There's
even a carefully placed heart shaped rock in
the lower right hand corner!

Turn the camera, a different angle helps??

Nope...no matter what "a feather strategically
placed doesn't look natural mom..." 



No comments:

Post a Comment