Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Live in the moment

Why not just live in the moment, especially if it has a good beat? - Goldie Hawn
Day 10 & 11 The Positive Dog Challenge - Today's challenge is to "Lose Yourself in the Moment".  Spend the entire day living in the moment doing things you enjoy.  Remember how it feels to be completely lost in the moment?  That's what you are to do today.  Read, write, sew, organize, take some pictures, listen to music on IHeartRadio, watch YouTube, play games on Facebook, do whatever you love doing.  Tomorrow's challenge is to "Be a Coach", share what you have learned about being positive and help others be positive too.

So why day 10 & 11 together?  Honestly, because, losing myself in the moment reminded me of my goal for this blog.  It was to blog for fun.  The moment I realized it was a task, it would no longer be just for fun.  The "random" thoughts and writing about them is living in the moment and something I enjoy.  I'm going to take the author's advise and live in the moment every day!  While having a specific thing to write about each day by following the challenge of the book made it "easy", it turns it wasn't as random as I would have liked it to be.  So tomorrow, I'm heading back to my world of randomness.  Day 11 - being a coach is living in the moment and sharing positive interactions with everyone you meet.  In that sense, you don't need special training to be a positive coach, you can simply be positive and set an example every day.  I think that is more of a life long challenge, rather than just one day.  What do you think?

Overall, I think The Positive Dog book is a great read.  It has a fun message.  The challenge does give you a recipe to follow if that works for you.  The bottom line is being positive is a choice.  So...have you chosen to be positive?

Thanks for stopping by!  I'm going to live in the moment today, hope you do too!  Enjoy your positive moments of the day!  Hope they have some good beats too!

When it's cold and blustery outside...

Nature makes weird snow...

And I make really random weird things with
used clothes...lost in the moment!


No comments:

Post a Comment