Friday, January 25, 2013

Nothing is really something if you think about it

“Take some more tea,” the March Hare said to Alice, very earnestly.
“I’ve had nothing yet,” Alice replied in an offended tone: “so I can’t take more.”
“You mean you can’t take LESS,” said the Hatter:  “it’s very easy to take MORE than nothing.” – Lewis Carroll
Yesterday as I was dabbling with the Feng Shui stuff  I decided to weed out my bookshelf.  Remember, I couldn't really determine what section of the Bagua I'm really in my house, let alone which one my bookshelf is really in, so I decided the best approach would be to make a rainbow.  I sorted the books by color of the rainbow on each shelf.   That way, whatever color is supposed to be in that corner of the room I had my bases covered.  I'm sure that is probably bad Feng Shui but it is more fun to look at.

Since it was a sorting project I removed books I no longer wanted.  The bad chi books are gone.  I kept the ones I wanted, i.e., the good chi books.  I came across a book that I received as a gift a long time ago.  It is full of quotes about "nothing".  Building on the Feng Shui thoughts got me thinking that since this book contains quotes about "nothing, " has blank spaces where "nothing" is written by the author and I definitely wrote "nothing" in it, maybe it is a bad chi book.  Oh dear, I think we're on to something.  Maybe whatever is missing in my life, in that area of my Bagua, whatever that is, must be because this "nothing" book is there!  I'm chuckling as I put it on the pile of books I've chosen to donate.  I do hope the new owner finds "something" about it to enjoy!  Then the real test will be if I suddenly get more something in the missing area of my life where nothing was.  Sounds like something to look forward to eh?

The quote from Lewis is clever.  You can always take or do more than nothing!  So when you choose to sit around, you aren't really doing nothing, you're just not doing what you think you should be doing.  Should be doing something or should be doing nothing?  How about could be doing something or could be doing nothing?  Less guilt right?  Well, enough on that, it is time to get to doing something instead of nothing!

Thanks for stopping by, enjoy doing something nothing today!

I've got "nothing" to say about that...(didn't
Forrest Gump say that???)


No comments:

Post a Comment