Monday, January 14, 2013

Gratitude as an opportunity

Gratitude is a form of wisdom.  It is patient, loving, hopeful, and rigorously honest.  It denies nothing, and it overlooks nothing.  It looks reality full in the face and says:  This is true, this is me, this is my situation, and I have the opportunity to build from here.  This is my starting point, and I will succeed! – Phil Humbert
Day 2 - The Positive Dog Challenge.  Before we get into today's challenge, did you take a thank you walk yesterday?  I did.  I didn't read a book, I simply took a thank you walk on the treadmill.  I did have to say thank you many times for the treadmill to remind myself the treadmill is important as it keeps me walking when the weather prohibits.  Just the act of thinking really hard about all the things I'm thankful for made it a very full 30 minute walk.  The feeling of thankfulness did carry through the rest of the day.

The importance of feeling blessed instead of stressed is carried over from the Day 1's thank you walk to Day 2's challenge.  If you liked the walk, there's no reason you can't carry it over again today.  For today, the challenge is to push aside all sources of negativity.  Turn off the negative news feeds.  The author talks about taking on a "get to" instead of a "have to" attitude.  Feel grateful for all the things in your life throughout the day.  Even the things that you normally feel like you "have to" do.  Each challenge and obstacle presented in your life is a good thing if you feel grateful for the opportunity to find a solution.  It's good for your heart in more ways than one.  Maybe even take the time to write down all the things you're grateful for.  You'll feel positive about your situation.

Wishing you an awesome day of discovering everything you're grateful for!

From sunrise...
To sunset 


Think about all the things
you're grateful for!
What are you waiting for????
Let's go!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment